Monday, January 4, 2010

2010 Resolutions

We are all making them, aren't we? Resolving to better ourselves, eat better, exercize more, be more organized, etc etc. There's something to be said for it. A new year has 365 days of opportunity. Why not start of trying to seize it all?

Last year Tiff and I set off with a list of goals. Some we met, some we surpassed and we added new things to the mix. We challenged each other, vented and laughed at our failures and successes. At the end of this past year I was struck at how much personal growth I'd had, and how many goals I'd met...and I thought "Yea, I'll take another."

So, here is the plan for more of the same this year:

*Make a list... make copies of the list so I don't lose it and have an excuse!

*Share the list and run with it.

I'm breaking up the list into categories to keep it from being too overwhelming.

This year I'd like to:

Food and Kitchen

*Learn how to bake a decent loaf of bread

*Learn how to bake a decent cake

*Purchase more local meat and fruit and vegetables

*Participate in a few weeks of our local farmer's market CSA program


Health and fitness

*Get back in the gym.

* Run 2 5k's

*Take a stab at that spin class and pray I don't make a fool out of myself


Home Care

*Purge, purge, purge! I have too much stuff. Don't we all? This year I'm going to try to break up my house into zones and concentrate on an area every 2 -3 months.

*I fell off the wagon with the weekly cleaning list that was working beautifully, need to start again.

*Continue to encourage my son to take on more responsibility. This kid does his laundy at 8!! Score!

*Replace back door, get estimates for driveway and bathroom remodel and make a decision already!!


Finance

*Don't lose momentum. Keep saving money, keep debt at bay.

*Don't be a miserly martyr either. ;-)


Family

*I need to get past all the BS and just call my siblings more often. 10 minutes of tuning them out will still be better than not calling at all.

*I need to let my dad just talk. There are a million things to do and the time difference makes it hard to let him ramble...but let an old man tell his stories, right?

* Ditto for Mom.

*Give the hubby more credit. He makes me nuts...but he's a good guy and I love him.

*Take more pics and share them! Time goes by too fast.

Friends

*Tell them they rock more often! ;-)


Crafts

*Use the skills I learned this year! Sew some dresses for the girl, make some simple gifts throughout the year to give at Christmas, read and practice!

*Dissassociate knitting from crazy instructor! (yea, that's going to be tough)

And of course, try to keep up this blog and have fun with it and not take it too seriously.

Seems like a lot... but there are 361 days left in the year. Plenty of road ahead to make a dent.

1 comment:

  1. That is hysterical!!!! You could tell some hilarious stories from knitting class!!! Great goals by the way! Totally manageable.

    ReplyDelete